Parent Voice 2017-18
Parent Questionnaire Results
At Hurworth Primary School we value what everyone in our school community has to say, that’s why we aim to gather as much feedback as possible from Parents and Carers. One way in which we do this is to ask Parents and Carers to complete a questionnaire. Here are the results of our most recent questionnaire:
What are we going to do with the results?
- Whilst 95% of parents agreed that we deal with cases of bullying effectively, we would like more to agree strongly. So, we will keep parents fully informed of any action we take to resolve friendship issues amongst children and involve parents more in the solutions.
- We have asked some parents why they answered ‘don’t know’ to the question about bullying. We are pleased that they said they haven’t had any issues so can’t really comment.
- We have taken on board comments regarding more pupil progress information and are pleased to announce we will be sending home termly reports. Please also note that we operate an ‘open door’ policy and should you wish to come in to school to discuss your child’s progress then please don’t hesitate to make appointment.
- Some parents have felt that we have not addressed the concerns they have raised. For those parents that have given their reasons we have taken on board the comments and will do our best to rectify these in the future. For those parents who did not say why, we will urge parents to come into school to discuss any concerns they have.
- Communication was raised in the comments section with some parents expressing that it can be ‘last minute’. We have taken on board these comments and will do our very best to ensure communication is sent out as soon as it is possible. We are hoping the paperless system will also assist with this. Please can we ask for your co-operation with events beyond our control and those activities that are reactive to the curriculum.
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about the school, from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. The survey can be completed at any time; you don’t have to wait until the school is being inspected.
Ofsted will use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect and when.
Please click the link below to register and complete a survey.
Parent Feedback Form
If you have any feedback about the school you can contact us, or alternatively complete the feedback form below: