This policy sets out our approach to supporting pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The policy should be read in conjunction with our ‘SEN Information Report’ which is also published on the website. The policy is based on the SEND Code of Practice 2 published in July 2014.
The key aim of our school is to help all pupils – including those with SEND – to achieve their very best and become successful, well-rounded individuals.
The objectives our school in respect to SEND are:
• To identify and provide for pupils who have SEND;
• To work within the guidance of the SEND Code of Practice;
• To operate a ‘whole pupil, whole school’ approach to the management and provision of support for SEND;
• To provide a SENCO in each school who will have day to day responsibility for the implementation of the SEND Policy in their school;
• To provide support and advice for all staff working with pupils with SEND;
• To develop and maintain a partnership approach and high levels of engagement with parents & carers;
• To ensure access to the curriculum for all pupils.
Please click here to view the full Hurworth Primary School SEND Policy (2019).
Please click here to view the full Hurworth Primary School SEND Policy (2018).
Please click here for more information on Darlington’s local SEND offer.